Comment on page
Catch The Kraken
1st November 2023
On the 1st of November the new season will launch. Up until that point items, requirements & details will change.
In the tranquil realm of Sunflower Land, a dark shadow looms over our beloved beach as a monstrous Kraken emerges from the depths, casting waves of terror upon our shores. Bumpkins have been reported missing and the beach is no longer safe for swimming.
This season, players can attain "Mermaid Scales" to craft limited edition wearables and collectibles. Each day there will be a range of Deliveries, Chores & Quests that Bumpkins can complete to earn the scales.
Once you have gathered enough scales you will be able to visit the Blacksmith, Stella, Frankie and the Auction House to trade them for rare seasonal SFTs.
At the beginning of the season players will be able to visit the beach. You can access the beach either through 'Fast Travel' or by walking to the bottom left of the Pumpkin Plaza. Beware, a Kraken has appeared. The beach is in danger and Bumpkins are missing! Shelly the Lifeguard needs your help and will reward you in Mermaid Scales for each Kraken Tentacle you can bring to her.
Each Kraken tentacle is worth 10 Mermaid Scales (Base, without banner).
Each week players can attempt to catch 8 Kraken tentacles by casting their rods and fiercely battling with the sea creature on their island.
At the south of the beach you will find the Kraken and Shelly. Talk to Shelly and you will find clues on what chum to use to attract the Kraken..
To attract the Kraken you must select your bait, the chum that Shelly hinted at and cast your rod on your fishing spot at the main island, by the pier. Depending on the type of bait you use, will determine how difficult the challenge will be. Lesser baits will make your fishing bar smaller, whereas stronger baits will make your fishing bar larger. How to get bait.
Once you are ready, click "Cast" to hook the Kraken and start the battle.
Players will have 30 seconds to 'reel' in the Kraken and deplete it's energy. Once you have completely depleted the energy you will have caught the Kraken. To successfully reel in the Kraken, you must hit the "Reel" button when your fishing bar is hovering over the fish.
If you are unable to deplete the Krakens energy in 30 seconds, it will escape.
Select your bait and cast your rod. There is a Kraken to catch!
Each attempt at the Kraken will subtract the selected bait + 1 fishing rod.
- Clown Shirt
- Fish Pro Vest
- Fishing Pants
- Fishing Spear
- Fresh Catch Vest
- Koi Fish Hat
- Normal Fish Hat
- Reel Fishing Vest
- Seaside Tank Top
- Skinning Knife
- Stockeye Salmon Onesie
- Tiki Armor
- Tiki Mask
- Tiki Pants
- Lifeguard Ring
- Hideaway Herman
- Shifty Sheldon
- Tiki Torch
- Beach Umbrella
- Sunflower Rod: 10% Chance of +1 Fish
- Bucket O'Worms: Bonus Compost Worm
- Angler Waders: Daily Fishing Limit +10
- Trident: 20% Chance of +1 Fish
- Fishing Hat: Wearable
- Luminous Anglerfish Topper: +50% XP when eating Fish and Fish foods
- Skill Shrimpy: +20% XP when eating Fish and Fish foods
- Nana: 10% Banana Growth Speed
- Soil Krabby: 10% Quicker Composter Speed
- Walrus: +1 Fish - Total Supply 230 [30 Goblin Treasury]
- Alba: 50% chance of +1 Basic Fish - Total Supply 800 [50 Goblin Treasury]
- Banana Amulet (Wearable): +0.5 Bananas - Total Supply 500
- Knowledge Crab: Double Sprout Mix Effect - Total Supply 500
- Ancient Rod (Wearable): Cast without rod - Total Supply 105 [5 Goblin Treasury]
- Anchor: Decoration - Total Supply 800 [50 Goblin Treasury]
- Kraken Head: Decoration - Total Supply 400
- Abyssal Angler Head: Wearable - Total Supply 105 [5 Goblin Treasury]
- Rubber Ducky: Decorations - Total Supply 100
Currently checking over the numbers so they are 100% right and matching auctions
The Catch the Kraken in Sunflower Land is your ticket to exclusive discounts and additional rewards during the season. With the seasonal pass, you'll get access to the following:
- 1.25% SFL Discount on Seasonal Items - As a seasonal pass holder, you'll receive a 25% SFL discount on all seasonal items available in the game. This includes items available at the Blacksmith, Stylist and Decorations Shop.
- 2.Free Seasonal Banner - Show off your seasonal spirit with a free seasonal banner, available exclusively to seasonal pass holders. Hang it on your farm for all to see and let everyone know you're a dedicated farmer who loves to celebrate the changing seasons.
- 3.Free Seasonal Wearable Airdrop - Access a unique wearable item that's only available to seasonal pass holders. The item will be dropped into your wallet during the season, and you'll be able to wear it proudly as a symbol of your dedication to Sunflower Land.
- 4.Bonus Seasonal Tickets - As a seasonal pass holder, you will have access to bonus seasonal tickets when completing scale deliveries. Each scale delivery you complete, you will get a bonus +2 Mermaid Scales.
- 5.+10% EXP eating food - Boost the R&D of your cooking skills and fill your Bumpkin's belly! There is lot's of work to be done this season.
The Catch the Kraken Banner is not necessary to participate in the Seasonal event. It is an optional purchase for players wanting to support the project and access bonus content.
You can purchase the Banner by talking to Grubnuk who you will find on the little island, south of your main island. Note: We currently only accept MATIC payments.
- 1.Discounted Banners are available for $6.99 USD until Nov 1st 2023.
- 2.From Nov 1st, all banners increase to $8.99 USD.
Visit Grubnuk on the South Island
Players MUST place the banner on the farm for the effects to be active
Will Mermaid Scales have utility after the season? No, mermaid scales will not have any utility after the season ends
Can I purchase a banner after the season has started? Yes but at an increased price versus purchasing it before the season started
What happens if I don't craft an item in time? Sadly you missed out on crafting it
When will items become withdrawable or tradable? You can withdraw your seasonal items after the last auction of the item, in case of the time limited items those will be withdrawable shortly after the last day of availability