How to Start
Ready to embark on a decentralized journey of Web3? Let's get you started in Sunflower Land, the world's biggest Web3 farming economy! To play our game, you will need to mint an Island As of 17th July 2023, anyone can start playing the game by minting a farm and only needing to pay the gas price associated with the Land/Bumpkin mint. However, to access withdrawing, trading and minting rare items the player must mint a "Gold Pass" valued at $4.99.
Before you can play, you'll need to set up a wallet on the Polygon Blockchain. Why, you ask? Well, having a Web3 wallet opens up a world of possibilities in the decentralized web. Not only does it allow you to hold and trade cryptocurrency, but it also enables you to own and manage unique digital assets like Sunflower Land Collectibles!
There are two ways you can set up your wallet:
Metamask is a browser extension that acts as a wallet for your cryptocurrencies and collectibles. It gives you full control over your assets, which means you're responsible for your key phrase's safety.
Setting up with Metamask offers the following benefits:
- Full control over your assets
- Seamless interaction with decentralized applications (DApps)
- Secure identity management
Setting up with Sequence offers these benefits:
- Simple and easy to use
- No need to worry about managing your keys
- Quick setup using familiar login methods
Other wallets are constantly being worked on to be introduced
Once you've set up your wallet, you'll need to fund it to mint and store rare collectibles on the Blockchain. This process requires what's known as a 'gas fee'.
In simple terms, a gas fee is a small amount you pay to make transactions on the Blockchain. It's like postage for your transactions – the miners who validate and add your transaction to the Blockchain receive this fee. It's important because it keeps the network secure and ensures your transaction is processed efficiently.
In Sunflower Land, the native Polygon Blockchain's $MATIC token is required to cover these gas fees and mint rare items. There are several ways to fund your wallet, one of which is through exchanges.
We recommend funding at least $10 USD into your wallet address - this will cover the cost of the Golden Pass and sustain your activities in Sunflower Land for a considerable period by purchasing Block Bucks (https://docs.sunflower-land.com/fundamentals/block-bucks)
A wallet address, also known as a public address, is a unique identifier that you use to receive funds in your crypto wallet. Think of it like your email address or a bank account number for cryptocurrencies.
In the context of Sunflower Land and other blockchain games, your wallet address is where you'll receive any $MATIC tokens or NFTs you earn or purchase.
To find your wallet address:
- 1.Open your wallet application (Metamask, Trust Wallet, etc.).
- 2.Look for a section labeled 'Account' or 'Address'. This is usually found on the main dashboard or in the settings of your wallet.
- 3.Your wallet address should be a long string of numbers and letters, and it should start with '0x'. This is the address you'll use to receive funds.
Remember, your wallet address is public information and it's safe to share. However, never share your private key or backup phrase, as these can be used to access your funds.
$MATIC can be purchased on various exchanges such as Binance, Coinbase, and Kraken. You can purchase from these exchanges and send directly to the wallet address you previously set up. Your wallet address is a unique identifier which you have control over. You can find this by opening up your wallet - It is the long text starting with
Here are the general steps to purchase and transfer $MATIC to your wallet:
- 1.Create an account on the exchange: Choose an exchange (Binance, Coinbase, Kraken, etc.), and create an account.
- 2.Purchase $MATIC: Once your account is set up, you can buy $MATIC. The process to do this will vary depending on the exchange, but generally, you will need to deposit funds into your exchange account, search for $MATIC in the exchange's market list, and then purchase the tokens.
- 3.Transfer $MATIC to your wallet: After purchasing $MATIC, you will need to transfer it to your wallet. To do this, you will need to navigate to your wallet on the exchange, select $MATIC, and find the "Withdraw" option (this varies given the exchange). You will be asked for the address of your wallet. After inputting your wallet's address and confirming the transaction, the $MATIC will be transferred to your wallet.
Disclaimer: We have no affiliation with these exchanges. Please do your own research to find one which suits your needs.
Another option is to use our partner, Poko. With Poko, you can fund your wallet using local payment methods such as credit cards. While the fees may be slightly higher compared to exchanges, the process is much simpler and convenient.
All of this can be done in the game settings by cliking "Buy Matic"
Sunflower Land does not make commission or fees from using these services.
Now you're ready to play! Embark on your journey in Sunflower Land, start as a humble farmer, and grow into an explorer, chef, trader, or whatever your heart desires🌻